Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KyleC
    • Mar 2004

cPanel bug, need confirmation

OK when i log in to a customers cpanel with the root password and i click on MySQL Databases it breaks all their scripts that need to access a MySQL database.

i have to go to WHM and reset their password to their original password to fix everything.

can someone else verify this?
    -Kyle

• Jim
    • Mar 2004

Well, I just (nervously) tried this, and everything is/was fine. IS this behavior still occurring with your accounts?

Comment

• josephus
      • Mar 2004

cPanel bug?

I don't know if this relates to the problem you experienced but this is what I experienced:
      I made a cPanel account with a password with some characters like %#* in it. I don't remember exactly which characters exactly but I do remember I had trouble getting into the mysql admin at least. In other words I could use that pass for cpanel but not for other admin areas.
      I had to change the pass for cpanel (taking out the characters from the extended set) in order to access the other areas like mysql admin, etc.
      I don't know if it's related but maybe knowing this will help you figure out what's going on. Joe

Comment

Working...