Is Clientexec worth 4 USD/month/domain???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ilyas
    • Mar 2005

Is Clientexec worth 4 USD/month/domain???

I went to the homepage of clientexec and read some, but I still don't understand the logic behind this price.

13,5 USD for 4 gb space and 60 gb bandwidth hosting seems fair, but 4 bucks for an interface php script... It even says 16 USD a month in the product's website.

I must have missed something. That script or support must be very useful somehow..
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

You don't have to use the script if you don't want to. We're simply offering it at a greatly discounted price to our customers.

Comment

• ilyas
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by AndrewT
      You don't have to use the script if you don't want to. We're simply offering it at a greatly discounted price to our customers.
      It was actually a simple rhetorical question. The price was questioned, not the offer. And the "discount" was already mentioned.

I take this as a "You're right, the script doesn't offer much." answer..

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

Many of our customers use this software with their reseller businesses. A lot of similar software is priced the same or more per month than the standard ClientExec pricing. $4/month is a small price to pay for billing/support software.

Comment

• Sogas
          • Jul 2004

is the price $4 per domain I am hosting or just $4 per month for my account?

Comment

• AndrewT
            Administrator
            • Mar 2004

The software is licensed to a domain. It costs $4/month to run it on a domain. You only need one copy for yourself. Perhaps that is the misunderstanding here...

Comment

• -Oz-
              • Mar 2004

you would license it to your "hosting" domain, for example if dathorn used it it would be licensed to dathorn.com but they could use it for billing/support for every site they hosted. You dont have to pay per site you host.
              Dan Blomberg

Comment

• ilyas
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by -Oz-
                you would license it to your "hosting" domain, for example if dathorn used it it would be licensed to dathorn.com but they could use it for billing/support for every site they hosted. You dont have to pay per site you host.
                Now it makes sense. I really understood it in the other way, even from the product's website...

Why would a producer express "per domain", if the product was produced for hosting companies?? The demo pages were even less informative...

Comment

• Jonathan
                  • Mar 2004

The product is produced for people to use for their own businesses.
                  Its not produced solely for companies like Dathorn to offer to its customers.
                  The producer charges "X" per website. Dathorn also charges "X" per website.
                  But Dathorn offers it at a much much lower price than the producer.

I've not used it myself so I can't comment on if its worth it.
                  And really this is my take (wording it where other's already said it).
                  "How can someone be so distracted yet so focused?"
                  - C

Comment

• halyfax
                    • Mar 2004

it is well worth the price. I even use it for multiple servers at dathorn.

Originally posted by Jonathan
                    The product is produced for people to use for their own businesses.
                    Its not produced solely for companies like Dathorn to offer to its customers.
                    The producer charges "X" per website. Dathorn also charges "X" per website.
                    But Dathorn offers it at a much much lower price than the producer.

I've not used it myself so I can't comment on if its worth it.
                    And really this is my take (wording it where other's already said it).

Comment

Working...