Thread: SPAM Issue

Default SPAM Issue

Hello All,

I rarely post here as I rarely have issues with my Dathorn hosting. However I received an email today from Andrew stating that one of my domains is receiving in excess of 7,000 SPAM mails a day and I need to get Postini for that domain. And yet all I'm seeing in MailWasher is a hundred or so emails and that's from 25 seperate email accounts most of which are not from domains hosted at Dathorn.

I'm not slamming Andrew or Dathorn but I'm confused...how can my domain be receiving over 7,000 SPAM mails a day but I'm only seeing a few dozen from that domain? And I checked...SpamAssasin is not active as I had never realized that there was an issue.

This issue is much better suited to a ticket where I can address your concerns specifically with your domain.

Just to clarify, the e-mails were not being seen as they were being delivered to a catch-all (default) account that was not being checked (over 15GBs of e-mail stored in it). On average this daily quantity of e-mail is 20-25% of what our servers generally process every day.

Thread Information