Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cox3100
    • Jun 2006

Accessing FTP via web browser

Is it possible to access your FTP accounts via web browser 'ftp.domain.com' or 'ftp://user@domain.com'. This has always been possible on other servers that I have used, and from my understanding it is pretty common and something that my clients seem to expect.

Any help or better understanding would be great, thanks!!
  • -Oz-
    • Mar 2004

yes it is. It does not work in firefox though because they didn't include a ftp handler.

You can access is via:
    ftp://domain.com
    ftp://user@domain.com
    ftp://userassword@domain.com
    Dan Blomberg

Comment

• ZYV
      • Sep 2005

Oz, what are you talking about? I'm running Firefox 1.5 and all of those combinations work just as expected.

I think he is asking for something like cPanel's web file manager. Then it works here as well.

Comment

• AndyP
        • Dec 2005

Some of my customers using this format: ftp://userassword@domain.com are having problems because IE is doesn't like the two @'s in the URL (the second "@" is coming from the username). Is there another symbol that can be used in its place?

Telling them to use another browser is not an option.

Comment

• russellg
          • Mar 2006

Note Oz's post:

use:
          Code:
          ftp://user:password@domain.com

Comment

• ZYV
            • Sep 2005

You might try to use + instead but I have never tried that, probably that's not going to work. Alternatively you may wish to set up an www2ftp gate strictly for this client (I think that is allowed by DIS's TOS) or use cPanel's built-in file manager.

Comment

Working...