Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grunfeld
    • Mar 2004

Windwos Vista Beta Testers

The fine folks at Windows are looking for some brave solus to beta Vista RC1.... more info here
    Cheers,

Gary
    (This space for rent)
  • ChrisTech
    • Mar 2004

had it demo'ed for me at a tech seminar I went to this summer. I will wait. Heck, I still run win 2k pro. I'd rather remain on a proven, solid os, than mess with something else. Espically vista...unless someone would like to donate a machine that can run it smoothly...I will take donations
    Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Comment

• Buddha
      • Mar 2004

Darn just switched to Linux.
      "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

Comment

• -Oz-
        • Mar 2004

I tried beta 3 and it irked me so much I'm just sticking with winxp pro. The whole thing was that my "test" pc can't really run vista and my others need to be reliable.
        Dan Blomberg

Comment

• ChrisTech
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by -Oz-
          I tried beta 3 and it irked me so much I'm just sticking with winxp pro. The whole thing was that my "test" pc can't really run vista and my others need to be reliable.

When you run that test, whatever the lowest score is on the test, is the score they give your machine. I'm still fearing the release of this beastie. We will have to get a version of it and install it here @ the office. Sad thing is, most of our machines we use inhouse, are no where near powerful enough to run it. Maybe we will just get a DELL with it on it. Hehe...
          Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Comment

• -Oz-
            • Mar 2004

on my test pc the videocard was what failed. Only 32mb of memory if i remember right.

On my newest PC vista was just slow. Slow at reacting and dragging and stuff.
            Dan Blomberg

Comment

• J-G
              • May 2004

Vista...?

I think I'll hang on to Win2000 Pro (like ChrisT is doing) and/or Win XP Pro. For a looooong time. In the meantime I'll look at a Linux flavor. Vista looks like its too CPU- and video- and RAM-hungry. Ubuntu anyone?
              กกก Jess G. กกก

Comment

• Klaassh
                • Mar 2004

Have to agree. It took a long time to get XP working right (beta tested it). A new OS will just start the headaches again so I'll pass till my next new PC
                A good friend will bail you out of jail
                But your best friend will be sitting next to you,
                saying "That was awesome!"

Comment

Working...