Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • felipe808
    • Mar 2004

.gz files how to open

Could someone please tell me how to download and open the weblog files available on cpanel. When I download the file the system seems to convert it to a webpage (msdos file). 7-zip and winzip don't recongnize it. Thanks.
  • Buddha
    • Mar 2004

You can try downloading gzip (COMMAND LINE UTILITY) from http://www.gzip.org/#exe

But, since there seems to be some converting going on? Try opening it in a text editor or word processor. I know, AOL for instant, unzips files automatically --- every annoying.
    Last edited by Buddha; 04-18-2004, 03:59 PM. Reason: my grammar sucks as bad as my spelling :o
    "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

Comment

• Jonathan
      • Mar 2004

hmm the latest WinZip (9 is it?) tells me something
      along the lines of needing to open it with the "Classical"
      look to be able to open .GZ, .TAR etc. files (basicly diff vers. of .ZIP)
      "How can someone be so distracted yet so focused?"
      - C

Comment

• Klaassh
        • Mar 2004

WinRAR handles them fine
        A good friend will bail you out of jail
        But your best friend will be sitting next to you,
        saying "That was awesome!"

Comment

• ChrisTech
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by felipe808
          Could someone please tell me how to download and open the weblog files available on cpanel. When I download the file the system seems to convert it to a webpage (msdos file). 7-zip and winzip don't recongnize it. Thanks.

You aren't on cpanel08 are you? Someone is using tar, and takin up a nice 88 CPU....EEEKKKKK!!!
          Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Comment

• Jonathan
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ChrisTech
            You aren't on cpanel08 are you? Someone is using tar, and takin up a nice 88 CPU....EEEKKKKK!!!
            Very possibly he manually LOGGED into cPanel, and
            MANUALLY initated a cPanel backup and MANUALLY downloaded it

Hmm; think I used 'Manually' in this reply to much?
            "How can someone be so distracted yet so focused?"
            - C

Comment

• Frank Hagan
              • Mar 2004

I logged in a few minutes after this, and saw the CPU percentage fluctuate from 79% to 3%, then be nothing, then up to 58%, then down to 12%, etc.

I'm assuming this kind of peak activity is OK for a short while. It seems to me when we hear of someone getting suspended, its for a huge amount of CPU use over an extended period of time because of a run-away process, etc.

I also noted that the "user" was "root", so I wondered if it was the "old style" backup being performed by Admin.

Comment

• ChrisTech
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Frank Hagan
                I logged in a few minutes after this, and saw the CPU percentage fluctuate from 79% to 3%, then be nothing, then up to 58%, then down to 12%, etc.

I'm assuming this kind of peak activity is OK for a short while. It seems to me when we hear of someone getting suspended, its for a huge amount of CPU use over an extended period of time because of a run-away process, etc.

I also noted that the "user" was "root", so I wondered if it was the "old style" backup being performed by Admin.

Yah it showed root, but I have no clue, I just saw it surging waaaaay up.
                Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Comment

Working...