Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jlc73176
    • Oct 2006

question about basic package

before I join, my Web designer had a question about the server...

"Been trying to install the Classified ads script on your current host and its not the script its the host cuz I tried installing it on MY server and had no problems the script wants register_globals set to off which is more secure for the server but also gives the htaccess method of setting globals off which is what I did on my server to install it but your host when I apply this method of setting a htacess file to turn globals off I get 500 internal server errors
    which means your host has something fubarred up in the httpd.conf
    which doesnt surprise me...
    let me know what the php is setup like phpinfo()
    so I can see if GD and MHASH are installed on the server and whether register_globals are off
    or if they are on whether if htaccess files will work on the server
    "
    please let me know the answer to these questions, thank you very much.
    Any ideas?
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

We run phpsuexec so you cannot place PHP settings in .htaccess files. However, you can create your own php.ini in the directory of the script that requires the setting. By default, register_globals is off and mhash and GD are available.

Comment

• djn
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by AndrewT
      By default, register_globals is off
      Andrew, are you sure about that?

I've just looked at the phpinfo() on my server (cpanel17) and a random couple of others. As far as I can tell register_globals is off only on the servers that have been upgraded (say cpanel38 and above), the rest still shows register_globals as on...

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

On servers that have been upgraded to our new platform, register_globals is off by default. New accounts are placed on new servers. Either way, you can change it with the php.ini.

Comment

Working...