X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lisa
    • Oct 2006

Move coppermine account

Hi,
    On the recommendation of a friend, I'm thinking of moving to Dathorn.

I would be signing up for the basic plan. I have about 5 accounts which I can move myself from account backups, but I have one account which utilizes a coppermine picture database which I can never seem to get moved/restored properly from a backup.

I've heard it can be moved using cpanel and I have cpanel on the other server. Is that something I could move myself, or is it something you would move for me. If it's you, would there be any additional charge for moving it?

Thanks for your time. I've heard good things about Dathorn from my friend, and am looking forward to being with Dathorn.

Sincerely
    Lisa
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

You do not have access to restore a full cPanel backup, only root users can do this. We'd be more than happy to take care of it for you with no additional charge.

Comment

• Lisa
      • Oct 2006

Thanks Andrew.

Since cpanel backup is something which requires root, will my current provider have to provide you root access (unlikely) or will we need to get them to do the backups on my existing site?

Sincerely
      Lisa

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

Only restoring the full cPanel backups requires root. You can still create the full backups via cPanel.

Comment

• Lisa
          • Oct 2006

Thanks Andrew.

Yes, I already have a cpanel backup I can ftp, but was wondering if you needed something special from root, or I can provide acct/pw and you can take one if that's easier/better.

I'll be signing up as soon as I can get my friends information - whatever's needed, he's dis8419, not sure what else is needed.

Sincerely,
          Lisa

Comment

• AndrewT
            Administrator
            • Mar 2004

Nothing else is needed. We can restore your accounts from the full cPanel backups. Just submit a ticket with the URL to download each backup once you have ordered.

Comment

Working...