Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fran
    • Apr 2004

Searchable CDs

Anyone know of a specific script which I can incorporate onto a CD? I need to include a free-standing search utility which searches the CD content composed of html and pdf files and not rely on internet connectivity. It's got to work cross-platform as well, ie. Mac or Windows.

Thanks in advance,

- Fran
  • russellg
    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Fran
    Anyone know of a specific script which I can incorporate onto a CD? I need to include a free-standing search utility which searches the CD content composed of html and pdf files and not rely on internet connectivity. It's got to work cross-platform as well, ie. Mac or Windows.

Thanks in advance,

- Fran
    Uncover the best people search finder engines and ways to share big files in 2023. Build your own search engine with YaCy and Baidu. How does file syncing work?

Google is your friend
    I'm not sure if it is cross-platform but it is Windows

Comment

• Fran
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by russellg
      http://www.afsearch.com/
      Google is your friend
      I'm not sure if it is cross-platform but it is Windows
      Thanks, I looked this over and it's an executable format. I'd have to use a PC to install it. I'm looking for a file that's platform independent so I can install from a Mac. If anyone has any additional ideas, that would be great.

Do appreciate the help. thanks.

- Fran

Comment

• russellg
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Fran
        I'm looking for a file that's platform independent so I can install from a Mac. If anyone has any additional ideas, that would be great.

Do appreciate the help. thanks.

- Fran
        Try http://mediachance.com
        Check this out to see if some of the products are Mac friendly and report.

They also have DVD-Labs?? look for it.
        Summary for MultiMedia Builder:
        Professionals use it as well

Many large companies realized that using MMB is much easier and faster for building their autorun presentations and menus than their in-house solution.
        You may already have seen some of them in action:

Corel Corporation uses autorun menu created in MMB on some of their recent products (for example WordPerfect Office 2002, etc.)
        3DFX uses MMB for their installation CD's for Voodoo graphic cards (also with some easter-eggs)
        BMG Entertainment uses whole presentations made in MMB on some of their PC enhanced audio CD's
        and more...

With MMB you can create

Autorun CD browsers (menus) for corporate CD-ROM's.
        Tutorials
        Cue Cards
        Kiosks
        CD Audio and Mixed-mode CD Audio Players

MP3 Players
        Front-end for your corporate or personal CD's
        File launchers and toolbar
        Computer based training

Comment

Working...