X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chantlouder
    • Jun 2004

Email without creating an inbox

greetings~

Is there anyway to have an email forwarder without creating an account?

ex: my client (a friend) is not computer savy at all. Currently I have all his email forwarding to a gmail account. Every so often I have to log into their pop account and delete the contents of the inbox so that email doesnt bounce.

so i guess my question is: Can you have only a forwarder?
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

Absolutely. In fact, we do not recommend having an e-mail account and a forwarder with the same address, we see this regularly cause problems.

Comment

• waltonics
      • Nov 2004

up!

wow, I didnt know this, I think I usually create the account and a forward, I wonder who else has done this?

Comment

• Andy
        • Mar 2004

I use this same setup. I have one email account created, (my acount I use) and then I have forwards setup. This is great to combat spam.

I use this all the time business, and personal. eBay, paypal, my bank.

So when sign up with a website, I will use websitename@mydomain.com.
        Then I create a forward, (actually create the forward before you click submit) and have that forward sent to my main account.

Thats how I can tell who sends out spam or not, because is I get spam sent to a certain websitename@mydomain.comm then I know exactly where it came from. If the spam does not stop coming, I just remove the forward and will not have to worry about getting spam from them anymore.

It does take a little effort on your part to create the forward, but I tihnk its worth.

I wonder, does anyone else to this?
        Andy

Comment

• Klaassh
          • Mar 2004

No, but I think it's a great idea
          A good friend will bail you out of jail
          But your best friend will be sitting next to you,
          saying "That was awesome!"

Comment

Working...