Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChrisTech
    • Mar 2004

Winter Storm

Had our lovely winter storm this past thursday nite/friday. Managed to down a TON of tree's in the St. Louis, MO Metro area.

Click here, then click on outage map at top

Currently
    Updated: Dec 2 2:32 AM
    Area Outages: 385,028

In my zip code 12,364 without power, out of 13,706 (needless to say, after suffering for about 18 hours without power, I ran off to the girlfriend's house to use her power, internet, and HEAT!

Be glad you aren't here. Or around here. Down to the single digits tonite, BRRR!!!

A few pix I took at home on thursday, then friday (including our slight tree on the powr line issue), and a few at my girlfriend's house in Greenville, IL
    Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!
  • Buddha
    • Mar 2004

It's up to 450,000+ outages now. Hope you and your friends and family are warm.
    "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

Comment

• ChrisTech
      • Mar 2004

Hope so too, found out my dad doesn't have power either now, and he's out in the country, which means his well isn't working either. Numbers keep going up for outages in my area, hopefully they are workin on it. I'd like to go home today. Stuff I'd like to get done, and hopefully the pipes have not frozen.

just hit 40 hours w/out power. Just grateful I had someplace to go, besides a shelter.

Comment

• Grunfeld
        • Mar 2004

We had nasty storms here last year and the year before and last year I said that was it I went out and bought a generator. Since then the power has not gone out. It's great insurance
        Like Chris Tech's father we are on a well , however we do have a wood stove ....

Hope the power is coming back on for you
        Cheers,

Gary
        (This space for rent)

Comment

• ChrisTech
          • Mar 2004

Power finally came back on this evening, total outage time was approx 69 hours 15 minutes straight. House warmed up fairly quickly, but still 'feels' cold.

Granted the $100+ I spent on groceries thrusday afternoon, plus everything else in the fridge and freezer has to be thrown out now.

What a great weekend.

Comment

• -Oz-
            • Mar 2004

that does suck. We have the opposite problem where I live. Power goes out in summer and house gets over 100 in a matter of 5 or 6 hours.

Shouldn't the freezer have stayed cold enough if no one opened it?
            Dan Blomberg

Comment

• ChrisTech
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by -Oz-
              that does suck. We have the opposite problem where I live. Power goes out in summer and house gets over 100 in a matter of 5 or 6 hours.

Shouldn't the freezer have stayed cold enough if no one opened it?
              Would of thought, though frozen items like chicken was half thawed. Ice was melting by the 2nd day. (we checked it a few times).

Comment

• -Oz-
                • Mar 2004

i'd definitely trash all the chicken, but steaks and that should have stayed okay?
                Dan Blomberg

Comment

• ChrisTech
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by -Oz-
                  i'd definitely trash all the chicken, but steaks and that should have stayed okay?
                  What steaks? I wish I had some steaks in there.

Comment

• -Oz-
                    • Mar 2004

hah. either way that whole thing is annoying. I could use more snow though; I want to go skiing.
                    Dan Blomberg

Comment

• Buddha
                      • Mar 2004

I'm just glad your alive to complain.

Still almost 100,000 without power. Which tells me you need to plan for more than a 72 hour without help in your state too.
                      "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

Comment

Working...