Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DragonXtreme
    • Jun 2005

Frontpage Feedback form not working w/ Hotlink Protection enabled

I currently have a frontpage feedback form installed on my site. I enabled the Hotlink protection to stop folks from linking to my images. Now my feedback form doesn't work. Anyone got any ideas? I'm definately NOT an expert at this!
    thanks!
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

FrontPage and the cPanel hotlink protection generally do no play well together. Most end up using one or the other. Alternatively you could work on a custom hotlinking solution.

Comment

• DragonXtreme
      • Jun 2005

Custom Hotlink protection

Where can I get information about how to do custom hotlink protection since frontpage and cpanel hotlink don't play well together?

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

Your best bet is to just search around (Google). This would be something that you would have to code seperately or find someone else that has already done it. The blanket protection that cPanel gives you just isn't useful in most cases.

Comment

• russellg
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by DragonXtreme
          Where can I get information about how to do custom hotlink protection since frontpage and cpanel hotlink don't play well together?
          Google is your friend... hotlink scripts
          Most web professionals are all too aware of the problems caused by hotlinkers. Leechers. Bandwidth thieves. People who use images hosted on your web server on their own pages. With PHP and mod_rewr…

Comment

Working...