Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skeinath
    • Aug 2006

Multiple MX Help - for Google Apps

I am signing up with Google Apps - http://www.google.com/a/ (I want to use the Gmail 2 GIGs of space for my clients emails)

They require I change the MX info with multiple MX entries. I find that I can only edit ONE entry in the cPanel or WHM -- Do I need a help ticket??? - for each domain I need changed???

Please help!!!

This is what Google is asking for:
    For each MX record, enter information according to the entries in the following table.

You may not be allowed to enter the priority values exactly as they appear in the table below; in that case, simply ensure that the server addresses are prioritized in the same order as they appear in the table. (i.e. The priority ranking [1, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5, 5] should work just as well as [1, 5, 5, 10, 10, 10, 10] so long as you keep the addresses in the right order.)

If you're asked to specify the type of each record you're adding, enter "MX".

MX records often require the specific format of DNS records, including a trailing dot (".") at the end of any full-qualified domain names (e.g. "server.example.com.")

Set any TTL values to the maximum allowed.
    MX Server address Priority
    ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 1
    ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 5
    ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 5
    ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 10
    ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 10
    ASPMX4.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 10
    ASPMX5.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 10
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

Submit a ticket and and provide us with the new MX records along with the domain that you would like changed and we'll get it taken care of for you.

Comment

• avenuex
      • Apr 2004

BTW thanks for the reference skeinath, google apps rocks. too bad they say GOOGLE everywhere despite the images i can upload.

I have my own DNS hosting, so this was easier for those accounts, especiallys etting up the calendar and webmail forwards.

did you get them to do the forwards without it saying

www.google.com/a/<domainname.com>/.... ?

Comment

Working...