Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • waltonics
    • Nov 2004

Domain redirecting - one more time

Hi. I need a domain.com.au to point to files on a domain.com. I still want the url to come up as domain.com.au.

(I am not yet hosting the .com.au so developed the site on the .com for the moment).

My real question though is what is the way to do this so that google will definitely consider it a .au site? Will search engines get this bit right? I cannot remember the method I previously used, but google seemed not to like it from memory.. I know google would prefer I be hosted in Australia, but dathorn is working for me..

I could shift everything over, but if people think just 'parking' the .au (or whatever I should be doing) will be completely invisible to search engines then that would be easier.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldnt find reference to anybody mention s.e's though.
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

The easiest way to do this would be to park the domain onto the existing one. However, I'm no expert on search engines so perhaps someone else can chime in.

Comment

• waltonics
      • Nov 2004

Thanks for the clarification.

I did a bit of looking around on the search engine issue and I think a straight answer is impossible to come by....

as soon as you search for those terms you enter the very scary world of the search engine optimizers, half a page of nonsense advice loaded with keywords followed by creepy selling of their useless services..

I guess I came to the conclusion that if google is aware of parked domains, it does an awful job of filtering/understanding them considering the amount of parked link farms that come up in its results these days.

Comment

Working...