X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loyalrogue
    • Apr 2004

Photo upload script suggestions?

Hi All,

Does anyone have any suggestions for an easy photo upload script?
    It's for a photographer friend who's not a big techie so the simpler to implement the better.

Thanks
  • Grunfeld
    • Mar 2004

I use gallery on many sites and it's great. Although not liking the new version as it's a tough install the older version is excellent though.
    Cheers,

Gary
    (This space for rent)

Comment

• Frank Hagan
      • Mar 2004

I prefer Coppermine over Gallery. I would say those are the top two. Both are open source, and much better than the "pay" scripts I have used (such as Photopost, which I don't recommend.)

Comment

• loyalrogue
        • Apr 2004

Thanks for the suggestions, but I guess I should've been more specific.
        I'm not actually looking for a photo gallery script.
        What I'm really interested in is a file upload script that he is going to use for clients to upload photos to a folder on the server.

Comment

• Grunfeld
          • Mar 2004

Give us more details..??
          So a client uploads a script to a folder on a server then what happens to the file..??
          You could use straight FTP ... very simple..

Give us some details
          Cheers,

Originally posted by loyalrogue
          Thanks for the suggestions, but I guess I should've been more specific.
          I'm not actually looking for a photo gallery script.
          What I'm really interested in is a file upload script that he is going to use for clients to upload photos to a folder on the server.
          Cheers,

Gary
          (This space for rent)

Comment

• loyalrogue
            • Apr 2004

Hi Grunfeld,

In detail, what he's asking for is a password protected page with an html/php form that has an input field/browse button to upload a file (jpeg) to a private folder on the server from which he will download later.

Basically a simple webpage GUI for an FTP upload.

My concern is security.
            I was hoping that I could get a reccomendation from someone on Dathorn that's using a similar script which hasn't been hacked/suspended yet.

Thanks

Comment

• bhills
              • Mar 2004

ProcessForm

I think ProcessForm may work.

If you try it, please post back here and let us know how it works. I will be setting up a photo upload form (not a gallery), so clients can upload .jpg photos to the server, and then I can retrieve them. I have use NateMail form at this guy's site for submitting info (not files) by form. It works great, hides email addresses, and is free and secure. But that won't work for uploading files. For that, people have used his ProcessForm script, which is $15.

Comment

Working...