Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frank Hagan
    • Mar 2004

Uptime

Well, Andrew just posted the May Uptime Reports ... out in public, for everyone to see, as he does every month, and the server I'm is, unfortunately, one that has had some downtime:

Note that these uptime reports include all downtime for each server including scheduled maintenance, reboots, kernel upgrades, network outages, etc.

cpanel51 - Downtime of 5 minutes

From http://forums.dathorn.com/showthread.php?t=2899

Five minutes! You call that "downtime"? I'll pull out the stats of my prior host if you want to see some downtime!

I don't think Dathorn gives a "downtime guarantee" like some hosts do ... which is usually stated with a statement like "99% uptime!" That worried me at first, but my experience over the past 3 years has been much, much less than 1% downtime.

Consider what a 1% downtime means ... If I did the math right, an average 30 day month has 43,200 minutes (30 days x 24 hours x 60 minutes). 1% downtime would be 432 minutes (or 7.2 hours)!

I'll take 5 minutes any day!
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

Thanks for the chuckle

If only it weren't for those "stupid" 7 servers that had 1-5 minutes of downtime..... I always hate to lose 100% uptime over something like that!

Comment

Working...