Thread: Moving Site - Vdeck to Cpanel

Default Moving Site - Vdeck to Cpanel

I know moving a Cpanel-managed site to Dathorn is a snap; has anyone moved a "Vdeck" managed site? I have a potential client at iPowerWeb who has a forum and shopping cart which both use mySQL databases, and its been years since I moved a database over to an entirely new server.

Which forum/shopping cart are they using? - They both probably have a backup feature which you can just load into the script once you have it installed on Dathorn

Failing that you are probably looking at doing a dump from the database at ipowerweb, a bit of find and replace for table names etc then load into mysql on dathorn

HTH

The forum is a phpBB forum, but I don't know about the shopping cart. I think with phpBB, you can just make a back up of the data base and load it into the other site's installation.

I don't think he has done much customization on his phpBB forums ... that's the tricky part because you get a mismatch between fields (one of the reasons I recently switched to SMF for my forums ... keeping phpBB updated was becoming my full time job).

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Hagan View Post
    I don't think he has done much customization on his phpBB forums ... that's the tricky part because you get a mismatch between fields (one of the reasons I recently switched to SMF for my forums ... keeping phpBB updated was becoming my full time job).

Yeah I know what you mean re the phpbb updates, presumably if no urls/paths are hard coded you should be able to just upload the files from the old host and tweak the config file

Thread Information