Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BradK
    • Jul 2005

E-mail blocked

Is this the same problem I get, with email bounced back?
    Reason block is:
    --
    tuffenuff@centurytel.net
    (ultimately generated from catalog@tuffenuff.org)
    SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<tuffenuf@cpanel50.gzo.com>:
    host mx1c35.carrierzone.com [209.235.147.38]:
    550 5.7.1 H:MXB<70.86.23.146>Connection refused due to abuse
    --

I turned in a trouble ticket, was told to contact CenturyTel.net. Was completely unable to contact them, or at least get through to someone interested and willing to find out what happened.

How do I find out if cpanel50.gzo.com is listed on a spam list?
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

That is not related to Sorbs. You won't find Sorbs used all that much anymore and if it is the problem it will always be listed as such in the bounce e-mail.

This is part of the problem that I advised you of in your ticket. The bounce message provides no information regarding the block nor how to resolve it. I was also unable to find any such information. An actual user of theirs might have better luck getting information from them.

You can use the spam database lookup on dnsstuff.com and enter the cpanel50 IP (70.86.23.146). APEWS is the only block that shows up, and they have pretty much all of the large datacenters blocked entirely for little reason (The Planet, Softlayer, etc.). No one actually uses them. You can find all sorts of stuff on them if you search around.

Comment

• AndrewT
      Administrator
      • Mar 2004

Moved this out of the two year old Sorbs thread into a new one since it was completely unrelated.

Comment

• Ctel
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by BradK
        host mx1c35.carrierzone.com [209.235.147.38]:
        550 5.7.1 H:MXB<70.86.23.146>Connection refused due to abuse
        Send a copy of this error message to abuse@centurytel.net and they will whitelist the IP. Make sure you include the full error message. Thanks!

Comment

• AndrewT
          Administrator
          • Mar 2004

Thanks for the info - will note that for future reference. We've not had any reports of other problems with centurytel.net (this thread is over a year old). That particular server (of ours) doesn't even exist any more either.

Comment

Working...