Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mystic
    • Nov 2006

Google to Acquire Postini

Insights from Googlers into our products, technology, and the Google culture

Looks like I just can't run away from Google products anymore - first Feedburner and now Postini!
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

I was just going to post this, saw it on /.

Shall be interesting I suppose...

Comment

• Grunfeld
      • Mar 2004

I think it's really sucks, it will be interesting to see what Google does to it .....and if it goes as a freebie or still a pay thing....

I am not a fan of google, use to be but they got to big and are not the company they once were.... in my opinion.....

As always time will tell
      Cheers,

Gary
      (This space for rent)

Comment

• Buddha
        • Mar 2004

Some of Google purchases make more sense to me than others ... this one I can't figure out.
        "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

Comment

• Frank Hagan
          • Mar 2004

Well, maybe they'll have a free version that replaces the spam mail with Google ads (like they do with Gmail accounts).

Comment

• mystic
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Buddha
            Some of Google purchases make more sense to me than others ... this one I can't figure out.
            Actually this purchase makes so much more sense. It could compliment/replace the spam system in their backend and more importantly provide Positini filtering for all Google Apps hosted domains.

What is more, they have a a new way to snoop on emails that had evaded them

Comment

Working...