Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KyleC
    • Mar 2004

Cpanel Version 11 question, web disk, roundcube

I have 2 questions about the cpanel upgrade. I figured I would post them here so everyone could benefit from the answers:

1) will web disk ever be enabled?
    2) Will roundcube ever be back in the /webmail cpanel area?
    -Kyle

• AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

1. I would like to hope so but it depends on if/when the bugs are sorted out.

2. Only if cPanel begins offering it as a built-in webmail client.

Comment

• ZYV
      • Sep 2005

Andrew, is it possible to leave the RoundCube icon at /webmail and make it redirect to the new RoundCube location?

I'm quite sure that would be fairly easy to implement (not sure if it will be easy to handle this during cPanel updates though, that's why I'm asking), but trust me, it would work out all the transition issues.

I am currently on holidays and none of my clients are reading these forums (not techie enough). Thus I am afraid they are going to blackmail me when they will notice that RC's just disappeared ;-/

Thanks!

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

No, part of the problem is that cPanel changes/replaces those files and the link will be removed as a result. The only other option for us is to "break" the updating of that particular page. Neither of which we want to do.

Comment

• ZYV
          • Sep 2005

A post-upgrade auto-patcher (a bash/sed one-liner) wouldn't solve this problem? I really doubt they make major changes to this particular page that so often.

Thank you anyway for the explanation and sorry for bugging you if this is definitively not possible.

Comment

• AndrewT
            Administrator
            • Mar 2004

We could do that, but each time a file is changed it could potential cause the patcher not to worker and we would have to change that once again. The corresponding files in every theme would also have to be changed each time, RVSkin only complicates this without their no end of random bugs in their latest versions and continuous patches. It is no where near worth the trouble to do something like this.

If you wish to use RoundCube then you will have to use the new URL. You can provide us with one of your own subdomains and we'll even link it to the installation. A simple e-mail to your customers informing them of the change is all that is necessary. Even we've had less than 5 tickets total submitted to us wondering where RoundCube was. Clearly not a big issue, most don't use it anyways.

Comment

Working...