X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • superfly
    • Mar 2004

The new filemanager

Hi!

Does anyone here uses the File Manager in cpanel? I seem to have trouble viewing the files.

I can browse the directories, but I don't see any files in them. Weird?
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

I can't say that I ever really use the File Manager personally but I was helping a customer with it a couple of days ago and it worked properly. If you believe there is a problem simply submit a ticket and we can take a look.

Comment

• Buddha
      • Mar 2004

It takes some getting use to the double click.
      "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

Comment

• superfly
        • Mar 2004

Sorry, I don't understand the remark about the double clicking. I tried double clicking on the folders, but the files in them still won't list.

Here's a screenshot of what I am seeing: http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...le-manager.jpg

Comment

• Elite
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by superfly
          Sorry, I don't understand the remark about the double clicking. I tried double clicking on the folders, but the files in them still won't list.

Here's a screenshot of what I am seeing: http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...le-manager.jpg
          Working as expected here (FireFox 2) - Maybe a browser/javascript issue?

Comment

• Frank Hagan
            • Mar 2004

It works for me too ... I can either click on the "+" sign for the folder to expand for the subfolders or single click on the folder name in the left hand pane to have it expand and reveal the files within it. In the larger right hand pane, you have to double click on either the folder icon or the size, type or permissions to navigate deeper (clicking on the folder name in that pane selects it for renaming).

Comment

• Buddha
              • Mar 2004

If you have a slow computer then it could take a while to display a directory with a lot of files. The data is being formatted client side now.

You know right next to the "new" file manager is the "old" file manager?
              "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

Comment

• superfly
                • Mar 2004

Hi guys,

I've tried to make this work on Windows and Mac in various browsers in both legacy and the new file manager. No success.

I get the "Loading data ..." message and thats about it. Don't know what to do since Firebug doesn't report and JavaScript errors.. I guess it's time to create a ticket.

Thanks.

Comment

• Buddha
                  • Mar 2004

Guess I'll necromance this topic.

Was trying to delete some files for a rather large folder today, about almost 700 files in the folder. I could not get some file with the new file manager to delete, had to use the old file manager. First trouble I've have had with the new file manager.

Anyone else experience this?

Comment

• AndrewT
                    Administrator
                    • Mar 2004

If the problem can easily be reproduced then feel free to submit a ticket and we can take a look at it. If you are unable to reproduce the problem now then I really wouldn't worry about it.

Having said that, we don't really recommend using the file manager. Even standard FTP is a huge step up and much more reliable in my opinion.

Comment

• ZYV
                      • Sep 2005

If you need to delete a whole bunch of files rm -rf ~/blah via ssh is your best bet.

Comment

• Buddha
                        • Mar 2004

I very seldom have to delete anything but it was reproducable (is that a word?). Tried several times to delete the last file before giving up and using the old file manager. It's a cPanel problem and I'm sure there's nothing to on your end Andrew.

I was think of scripting the FTP for this but for something that happens maybe once a year I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

Comment

• AndrewT
                          Administrator
                          • Mar 2004

Well if you ever want us to look into it just submit a ticket and give us the precise steps that you are using so that we can reproduce the problem.

Comment

Working...