Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frank Hagan
    • Mar 2004

Whois.Cart / ResellerClub

Is anyone here using whois.cart and Resellerclub (DirectI)?

I have an old license to whois.cart that I just re-enabled on the new server, and was glad to see Saeven.net added a ResellerClub integration module to whois.cart. But I'm having trouble setting up the TLDs; when whois.cart checks for DNS information, I get the following error message:

Couldn't open socket connection to whois.resellerclub.com,
    check that the server exists manually and that your PHP settings permit this operation.
    I get that message no matter which whois service I input. I checked and PHP is configured on the new server for sockets and SSL is enabled, so I don't think its a server issue. Anyone have any ideas?
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

Submit a ticket and let us know which address and ports it is trying to connect to. We'll probably need to open the outbound port for you.

Comment

• Frank Hagan
      • Mar 2004

Thanks, Andrew. So far, I can't figure out what port they are trying to use (whois.cart has encrypted .PHP files, so looking at the code doesn't help). But looking at their support forums, I don't think anyone has it working. I remembered why I abandoned it a few years back

Comment

• Andy
        • Mar 2004

Interesting you brought this topic up. I just found my old directi login and and had some credit on there. I ordered a test domain, and I am having a hell of a time to get it to work with my CE. I can not even firgure out how to change my DNS servers or register customs DNS entires in ResellerClub (directi). I'm thinking or ditching it (again), but my domain prices on there are cheap. So I am trying to figure it out. If I get anywhere I'll let you know.
        Andy

Comment

• Frank Hagan
          • Mar 2004

You mean changing the nameservers via the API? Not sure you can, but I haven't looked that closely. Online you change the default nameservers with a menu item (under Settings > Products > Domain Registration > Default Name Server Info) and that will be the default name servers for all new domain registrations.

I'm working on a solution with phpCoin yet again, but it still will require my customers to register the domain name using the ResellerClub application. You can integrate phpCoin to read from WHM and set up accounts, etc., but no one's been able to interface with the ResellerClub API for domain name sales from within phpCoin. Seeing how hard it has been for the whois.cart people, with the active involvement of the folks at DirectI, I doubt I'll be able to figure it out.

I'm a small, hobby based hosting business so I can't really afford a commercial solution. If I grow, I'll probably dump DirectI/ResellerClub for enom or another registrar and get one of the commercial billing solutions.

Comment

Working...