Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: php "Application Error" / Read Permissions

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    724

    Default php "Application Error" / Read Permissions

    I'm attempting to include a .php file in another php file and getting the error:

    Application Error: You must enable read permission to the /aom directory.

    I suspect its the program itself, since "/aom" is a subdirectory below the one the program is in. The /aom directory does indeed have read permissions.

    I have a question into the developer, but was wondering if anyone else has run into this.

  2. #2
    Administrator AndrewT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    3,635

    Default

    That looks like an error that would be generated from the script itself and not an actual PHP error. If this is the case, the developers are definetly your best bet.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    724

    Default

    I think so ... I can include other php scripts in Joomla. And it is saying "Application error". The application is an encoded php file, so I can't peek under the hood to see what is going on.

    Joomla does have a nice "wrapper" function that must use an iframe, but has a setting to set it to "full height all the time" (you avoid the tell-tale iframe scroll bars that way, and there doesn't seem to be a performance penalty). So I'm using that and it looks OK.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11

    Default

    I apologize if this sounds like a dumb suggestion, but did you check the permissions on the files within the directory, and make sure they're at least globally readable?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    California
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Yep, all the permissions were correct. I don't know if its related to the encryption used for the php file or not (its a commercial script), but nothing seemed to work. I found a work-around ... its on a Joomla site, so I used their native "wrapper" function that creates a self-resizing i-frame around the content (so you don't have the tell-tale scroll bars in the middle of the content.)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •