Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SC_
    • Apr 2004

CCV2 Card Code?

What exactly is a CCV2 Card Code? I'm trying to purchase new services and I need this information to finish the application process. I've never had anyone ask me for my CCV2 card code before.
  • Dan
    • Mar 2004

I'd never heard it called that either but it's the 3 extra numbers on the back in the signature area.

CCV2, or Credit Card Verification Value, is a number that is printed, not imprinted, on your Visa, Mastercard or Bankcard. This number is never transferred during card swipes and should only be known by the cardholder, the person holding the card in their hand.

Visa, Mastercard and Bankcard card members can find their CCV2 number in the signature area of your card. Your card number should be printed here along with a three-digit number at the end. This is your CCV2 number. If your card does not have a CCV2 number, please enter XXX in the form.

Comment

• Jonathan
      • Mar 2004

Some older bank cards, it does not have it;
      like my new SCCU Debt one does, but my mother's
      Visa DEBT from Bank of America does not.
      "How can someone be so distracted yet so focused?"
      - C

Comment

• Ian
        • Mar 2004

I had trouble figuring this one out too. A lot of sites have a help link right beside that field to explain so users don't look like this ....
        www.ianhoar.com - A place to geek out

Comment

Working...