• Jonathan
    • Mar 2004

Web Design review wanted

Just designed my site; I dropped my old website with my website
    designs, etc. Since I'm not really much into that at the comment I
    got another domain for just my photography stuff. Wanted something
    simple. The gallery still isn't working (trying to fix that now). Looking
    for some reviews on the design. Thanks all

JRW Esquire LTD brings two decades of experience in a leading AmLaw Top 50 global corporate practice to the corporate and commercial business needs of clients, delivering counsel and legal services of the highest level, while creating a unique value proposition for clients through a rare synthesis of first-in-class big firm legal services and focus on personal attention, responsiveness and cost-effective rates.
    "How can someone be so distracted yet so focused?"
    - C
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

Looks good!

Comment

• Jonathan
      • Mar 2004

Thanks Andrew! Thinking of two changes; one, I need another landscape photo
      to use, but with it framed in portrait mode so its more vertial then horizontal.
      Other wise, as seen, it doesn't look all THAT good. Also going to most likely
      change the 'People Photography' picture to another one of my friend Christina.

Gallery is now up and running, by the way. It should be fully populated with my
      PhotoBucket.com pics by 2pm tomorrow. Just a pain uploading them...
      - C

Comment

• Frank Hagan
        • Mar 2004

I like it ... it combines being very "simple" (meant in the most positive way) with some nice CSS rollover tricks. Does that work in all browsers? I didn't try it with IE, but it looks great in Firefox.

Comment

• Jonathan
          • Mar 2004

I checked it in IE while I was messing with the idea. Haven't checked since I finished.
          Plan to check it in a moment... I'm just adding a simple bit of code to the gallery now.
          Then will upload photos. Will be select photos for now until I can add sub-categories...
          - C

Comment

• Buddha
            • Mar 2004

Looks good in Firefox and Opera on Linux.

Don't forget ...

"Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

Comment

• Pedja
              • Mar 2004

Photos on title page shoul dnot be shadowed. They should be normaly visible. you may use shadow for iamge mouse is over it, but I would suggest to change image border.

Captions below photograhs on title page, which sugest options are not even links. They should be.

You haven't done any SEO, pages do not contain even minimum neccessary data for proper search engine indexing.

It seems you disabled right click popup menu. do not do that. Nowadays only kids think that it is any kind of protection, and you disable important part of browser functionality. That would just upsed your visitors, and won't protect nothing.

Using flash to show popup with photograph is no-no. You get no functionality with that (the same functionality thing may be done with usual HTML).

Comment

• bburchfield
                • Feb 2007

Nice photos!

Those are obviously Florida, and I recognize St. Augustine. Do you live there?

Comment

• ZYV
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Pedja
                  It seems you disabled right click popup menu. do not do that. Nowadays only kids think that it is any kind of protection, and you disable important part of browser functionality. That would just upsed your visitors, and won't protect nothing.
                  That's my point as well. Completely agreed.

Other than that it looks good to me.

Comment

• Jonathan
                    • Mar 2004

I don't live in St. Augustine, no. I live in the centeral FL area.
                    I haven't setup SEO, email form, or bio page yet.
                    Why would no-right click upset someone if their not going to save a image?
                    I've not seen any of my non-technical friends EVER use right click except to save
                    a image. How else might I prevent them from saving it?

Also its not a flash pop up. Its Javascript ~ Lightbox JS.
                    - C

Comment

• AndrewT
                      Administrator
                      • Mar 2004

Disabling the right click is incredibly annoying and will not stop people from saving images if that is what they want to do.

Comment

• Jonathan
                        • Mar 2004

Any alternative suggestions? I've disabled hot linking, etc.
                        I realize people could still go to 'View Source' from the view menu
                        and then copy direct URLs then just copy that into the URL bar, etc.

Oh well. Working on making it so that the image opacity (for front page)
                        loads via JavaScript. That way, people with disabled JS will see full images.
                        Still need to finish the email script, bio, etc. Ya, I'm lazy LOL.

Actually dealing with laptop issues right now (only PC I have), as well
                        as working on some images. Oh well. I have most of tomorrow and all of
                        Wednesday to work on it. Then again, they just ejected another person
                        at work (down-graded from office, actually). So that means back to 6 days a week scheduling.
                        - C

Comment

• Elite
                          • Apr 2004

I think the only real solution is to watermark your images - of course this makes your images less attractive...

Comment

• Pedja
                            • Mar 2004

If you do not want anyone to steal photos, then do not show them. If one can open your page and see thephoto he already has it on his computer. You cannot stop him having a picture if you let him see it.

Comment

• ZYV
                              • Sep 2005

Yeah, dat's true, I wonder why no one ever thinks about the magical "PrtScn" key, present on every keyboard in the right upper corner It's an incredibly straightforward way to capture images from websites

Comment

Working...