X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buddha
    • Mar 2004

XMLHttpRequest Stopped Working

JUST IGNORE THIS ...

My XLMHttpRequest (XHR) stopped working recently. The problem is the server's HTTP response header is sending content-type application/x-javascript ... most of the time. IE and Firefox both refuse to send XHR with application/x-javascript. This is the second time I've have had problems with content-type (not just Dathorn either), I have little doubt cPanel updates are the culprit. Anyway it's easily fixed, just add this to your .htaccess file:

Code:
    <FilesMatch "\.js$">
    ForceType text/javascript
    </FilesMatch>
    Hope this stops someone from going bald trying figure out what's the problem is ... because there's no error messages.
    Last edited by Buddha; 02-04-2008, 11:44 AM.
    "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

Thanks, I appreciate it. Oddly enough we've not received any tickets regarding this at all.

Comment

• Buddha
      • Mar 2004

This doesn't seem to be the problem. It worked for a while then bang!! Broke again. I need to keep poking around.
      Last edited by Buddha; 02-04-2008, 12:52 PM.
      "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

Comment

• Buddha
        • Mar 2004

I should be plucked bald shortly ...

Comment

• Buddha
          • Mar 2004

Think I found it. It's a rewrite problem. Just ignore this topic ... I'm having one of those days.

Comment

• Buddha
            • Mar 2004

Still playing with this but this looks like the problem:

.htaccess files (or "distributed configuration files") provide a way to make configuration changes on a per-directory basis. A file, containing one or more configuration directives, is placed in a particular document directory, and the directives apply to that directory, and all subdirectories thereof.
            That part seem to be false about 'applying to subdirectories' ... now. Wierd.

I'm probably way behind the curve and missing something because I've switch gears and working in electronics.

Comment

• ZYV
              • Sep 2005

Hmm... from my own experience I can only confirm the last part to be true. Not with the rewrite rules, which are applied to the current directory only, however.

Comment

Working...