X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loyalrogue
    • Apr 2004

Thanks Andrew.
    Just upgraded my 3 accounts.
    I'll be waiting for the disk upgrade with baited breath now.

Comment

• powvex
      • Mar 2004

isnt any extra disk offer coming?

Comment

• mystic
        • Nov 2006

Now that I have more bandwidth, I want more disk space

Comment

• AndrewT
          Administrator
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by powvex
          isnt any extra disk offer coming?
          You should probably read this entire forum thread

Comment

• NoSoMo
            • Jul 2004

So is this another one of these deals I take it? Haven't read anything on it. Do we get to double again now that it's been a few years?

Comment

• AndrewT
              Administrator
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by NoSoMo
              So is this another one of these deals I take it? Haven't read anything on it. Do we get to double again now that it's been a few years?
              Please read the link in your customer control panel for complete details.

Comment

• TechVW
                • May 2006

So when you eventually raise the bandwidth of new accounts, does that mean that existing accounts get raised to the same level? Is the $5 to get the bump up early?

Comment

• AndrewT
                  Administrator
                  • Mar 2004

It is just like before. All customers with pre-existing plans based on old base limits will have to pay the one-time fee of $5.00 for the special to receive the new base limits if and when these change.

Comment

• peteraloha
                    • Nov 2006

two basic accounts vs. one business account (diskspace concerns)

Hi folks,

My name is Peter, and all I can say is that without dathorn I wouldn't even dream about continuing my small and struggling hosting business.

Since I don't have a strong background in computers and the web, and just gradually got into hosting because of my own interest in domains and content management, I have been depending on the patience and goodwill of *customer service* of the vendor's I have associated with.

As you all know, Andrew and his crew tend to regularly exceed what I consider "basic support"! They have addressed all my inquiries *timely* and to the point, and almost all of my challenges could be resolved often within minutes and hours of my initial inquiry.

I am running a bit low on diskspace, especially when I want to accept larger files over ftp, and I am considering to sign up for either a second account, or to upgrade my basic account to a business account.

Somehow I like the idea of having two accounts.............maybe even on separate servers, but I don't know if that is a request I could make when signing up? -

Any ideas of the pros and cons of two basic accounts vs. upgrading the basic accounts to a business account? Strictly doing the math, and I do with the budget I live on, upgrading seems more advantageous.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys, hopefully soon as the special is going to expire on Friday!

:-)

Peter

Comment

• AndrewT
                      Administrator
                      • Mar 2004

Our pricing is linear so upgrading will only be cheaper if, for example, you only upgrade from the basic plan to the business plan ($6.75 difference) vs. getting a separate basic plan for $13.50.

If you are willing to deal with some of the minor difficulties in managing multiple accounts that would certainly be your best bet. That way if one server experiences problems, your other may not be affected.

You can always submit a ticket and ask us where new orders are being placed. More than likely it won't be on the same server where your current account resides.

Comment

• Jonathan
                        • Mar 2004

Once again, Dathorn is proving what a great company they are!
                        A question is - say I eventually upgrade to the Business account. It already has 90GB of bandwidth.
                        The same as I will end up getting with this special. Would this special carry over if I upgraded? EG having 145GB of bandwidth?

EDIT* I see where you'll honor this if someone upgrades first, but what about later on down the road?
                        "How can someone be so distracted yet so focused?"
                        - C

Comment

• jobe
                          • Oct 2004

I'm thinking of another account - if I order it before Friday, will I be able to get the 50% extra bandwidth?

I see above that one can upgrade an account - can one do this anytime & only pay the difference?

And while I'm here what would the the billing procedure be - will I pay only for the remaining days of the month or the whole month anyway?

Comment

• AndrewT
                            Administrator
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jonathan
                            Once again, Dathorn is proving what a great company they are!
                            A question is - say I eventually upgrade to the Business account. It already has 90GB of bandwidth.
                            The same as I will end up getting with this special. Would this special carry over if I upgraded? EG having 145GB of bandwidth?

EDIT* I see where you'll honor this if someone upgrades first, but what about later on down the road?
                            It doesn't matter if you upgrade your account to the next plan before or after. The special still applies. You would get 135GB of bandwidth in your example.
                            Last edited by AndrewT; 02-18-2008, 03:28 PM.

Comment

• AndrewT
                              Administrator
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by jobe
                              I'm thinking of another account - if I order it before Friday, will I be able to get the 50% extra bandwidth?

I see above that one can upgrade an account - can one do this anytime & only pay the difference?

And while I'm here what would the the billing procedure be - will I pay only for the remaining days of the month or the whole month anyway?
                              You can order the new account and you would have to submit the special request just the same for the new account.

You can upgrade your account at any time, just submit a ticket requesting that this be done and we'll gladly take care of it right away. In general we do not charge you anything extra at all for the current month. The increased monthly fee just starts as of the next month.

Comment

• jobe
                                • Oct 2004

Thanks Andrew.
                                Excellent to be able to upgrade so easily.

With a new account, do you charge the whole month if it's opened mid-month or the proportion of what's left of the month?
                                At these prices it doesn't really matter - just to know anyway.

Comment

Working...