Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Denver Dave
    • Sep 2004

Capacity Planning for CiviCRM Application

I have CiviCRM / CiviMail ( www.civicrm.org ) running on another host and I was considering whether it might be appropriate to run at Dathorn. Dathorn has the required PHP5 and MySQL 5 available.

CiviCRM / CiviMail is a contact management system for advocacy groups like www.HealthCareForAllColorado.org where I volunteer some of my time. I run the CiviCRM / CiviMail on a different domain than the public information website and the contact management system has almost no public viewings. Instead authorized volunteers maintain the contact information for access to health care advocates and we send out emails.

Over the last year we have grown from contact records for 1,000 advocates to 3,200 advocates. Emails may go out to the entire group or subsets of the list. We are currently set to email 50 emails every 10 minutes when doing a mailing.

My question is whether my Dathorn account might be an appropriate fit to run our application or if the 50 emails per 10 minutes might be an issue.

Thanks.
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

50 e-mails per 10 minutes should not be a problem at all.

However, the frequency in which you send to this list could pose a problem (as in the number of total e-mails sent per month).

Comment

• Denver Dave
      • Sep 2004

Thank you for the reply. Our email strategy is still developing. We send to the entire group a few times per month and much smaller subset about the same. Our advocates tend to get testy and not read our emails if we send too much.

Is there a monthly threshold that we should have in mind? I'm not trying to negotiate for more, just trying to see if we are a good fit and plan for the future for when we might not be.

My plan is to do low volume new release testing at Dathorn and shake out issues.

Thank you for your help and previous speedy reply.

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

At 3,2000 list members with sends to the list multiple times per month this may very well be too much for our shared hosting plans. Without any hard numbers this is hard to say though. If you would like, you can submit this in a ticket with more specific numbers and we can then provide you with a clearer answer.

Comment

Working...