Referral Program?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reviewum.com
    • Mar 2004

Yeah, a referral program would be great.... I don't think you'll ever see anyone say, "No thanks, I'd rather not be compensated for getting you some more customers."

I'm glad that Andrew understands the principle that it is MUCH harder to get new customers than to retain current ones. I think this is why he puts such emphasis on customer support and server uptime. Not only will he keep current customers, but he'll get new ones with word of mouth advertising which is better than anything else. Of course, if support and uptime fell, the word of mouth can kill you just as quick... if not quicker!

For what it's worth, I referred my brother to my last hosting company and then I left because of terrible downtime, but now he's stuck there. Hopefully Andrew keeps up the job he's done thus far.

Here here for a referral program.
    www.reviewum.com - Teacher Reviews - Professor Ratings
    www.nifty-stuff.com - All Kinds Of Nifty Stuff (mostly LEDs)
    www.LudCon.com - Ludlow Concepts

Comment

• CAD
      • Mar 2004

when people visit https://dathorn.com/order.php?action...errer=dis-XXXX, then browse to other page to find information about dathorn, and decide to order by click "Order Now"... the "referrer=dis-XXXX" gone...

is it possible to put "referrer=dis-XXXX" on every link? i want to put the link at my web using banner.

Comment

• Jonathan
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by aqi
        only just saw this thread.

I would very much appreciate a referral program, i'm a moderator at several forums where i have recommended dathorn to several people, at least 6 have bought plans here, one of your mods is here because of me too.

cookies aren't 100% reliable as they can be deleted but a simple one holding the person referral id with an expiration time will only increase that persons chance of getting the refferal, they don't cause any problems.
        Is this who I think it is??
        If it is....

1) Don't tell Joe or anyone else
        2) Who told you this is who I am??

If it is NOT....

1) Ignore this
        Last edited by Jonathan; 05-13-2004, 12:51 AM.
        "How can someone be so distracted yet so focused?"
        - C

Comment

• AndrewT
          Administrator
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by CAD
          when people visit https://dathorn.com/order.php?action...errer=dis-XXXX, then browse to other page to find information about dathorn, and decide to order by click "Order Now"... the "referrer=dis-XXXX" gone...

is it possible to put "referrer=dis-XXXX" on every link? i want to put the link at my web using banner.
          Sorry that is not an option because people need to go there and agree to that form. That form passes on the variable value just fine.

Comment

• MindlessOath
            • Mar 2004

does dathorn have a 88x31 image for me to post the link to? it would be very helpfull to have that on my site to advertise, as well as passing it around to others.

the only one i found was http://www.csnation.net/images/dl-dat.png
            but thats much larger than the requirement standard, and thats for a spacific site.
            --------
            aka Mo2

Comment

• AndrewT
              Administrator
              • Mar 2004

No we do not have any image like that at this time, sorry.

Comment

• MindlessOath
                • Mar 2004

hows this one?

any changes or anything?
                --------
                aka Mo2

Comment

• anguz
                  • Mar 2004

Sorry if I missed it, but was this referral/affiliate system implemented?

Comment

• AndrewT
                    Administrator
                    • Mar 2004

The refferal program is mentioned on the very opening page when you login to the CCP.

Comment

• anguz
                      • Mar 2004

Thank you, Andrew. I had in fact seen it some months ago, but now that I looked for it, couldn't remember where it was or find it. Thanks.

Comment

• MistyMeanor
                        • Feb 2005

I have been using the referral link and I have it on my website with a banner I made. But when people go to order, it does not fill in the referral id. On my referral stats, I show no clicks etc.

Comment

• AndrewT
                          Administrator
                          • Mar 2004

Please submit a ticket with the link you are using.

Comment

Working...