X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djn
    • Mar 2004

Another dumb blacklist

Hello all.
    Everytime one thinks a decent postmaster should by now know that most spam originates from botnets makingblacklists obsolete... a new list pops up promising 100% spam-free mailboxes and no false positives. Go figure.
    Two days ago messages started to come back to one of my customers on cpanel59 from adresses at libero.it, a big italian ISP, with this motivation:
    "[redacted]@libero.it
    SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
    host mxlibero1.libero.it [212.52.84.83]: 554-MailRelay10.libero.it
    554 Connection refused due to your ip poor reputation. Refer to www.senderbase.org. For further information contact your provider. If you are the provider, mailto:block@postmaster.libero.it?subject=Code 554"
    Any thoughts (other than saying everyone to dump libero.it, which I'm currently doing)?
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

Please submit a ticket regarding this and we'll get it taken care of if it hasn't been already.

Edit: However, I do believe that this was resolved yesterday and should not be currently occurring.

Comment

• djn
      • Mar 2004

Thank you, Andrew. It looks like the situation has been resolved as of today (messages sent toward libero.it have not been returned up to now).
      Of course, I'm still telling everybody they'd be better with a serious mail provider.

Comment

Working...