Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tegeril
    • Feb 2006

SpamAssassin Issue (?)

Recently - can't exactly pinpoint when, I have been receiving more spam than usual. At one point I had spam being auto deleted, but have since turned that off.

That said, there seems to be a disconnect between my settings and what is actually happening. The Spam Assassin settings state that it is enabled, that auto delete is disabled, and if I go to "configure" I have 3 as my score required for Spam Assassin to call email spam.

What is happening in practice is that I am not receiving mail above a score of 5, and anything below 5 is getting:

X-Spam-Status: No, score=4.6
    X-Spam-Score: 46
    X-Spam-Bar: ++++
    X-Spam-Flag: NO
    Do I have things setup incorrectly or might Spam Assassin be messed up on my account?

Also, as an unrelated aside, I just setup imap in Mac Mail and the program believes there are mailboxes called mailboxlist, mlbxlsttmp, and cppop. Are those items components of RoundCube/SquirrelMail?

Thanks.
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

SpamAssassin runs on its own dedicated server and simply uses a general configuration that cannot be changed. The actual SA server never sees the SA configuration that you may have setup in cPanel.

However, you can still setup filters via the domain's cPanel that will perform various tasks based on the score that SA gives the e-mail. To do so you will need to filter on the particular number of plus signs (+) that are present in the X-Spam-Bar. This is also briefly explained at the bottom of the filtering page in cPanel (x3).
    Last edited by AndrewT; 07-29-2008, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• AndrewT
      Administrator
      • Mar 2004

Regarding those folders, you would need to submit a ticket with the e-mail address in question so that we can take a look at it. You might just have extra folders created in there.

Comment

• Tegeril
        • Feb 2006

Thanks a bunch, I'll submit a ticket about that account in a moment.

Comment

Working...