Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frank Hagan
    • Mar 2004

Temporary Failure in Name Resolution

I have a customer who is getting the following error message when editing their Joomla! site:

Code:
    [24-Jul-2008 18:26:01] PHP Warning:  file() [<a href='function.file'>function.file</a>]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in /home/customer_name/public_html/mambots/editors/fckeditor.php on line 149

[24-Jul-2008 18:26:01] PHP Warning:  file(http://www.customer_site.tld/templates/modernportal/css/template_css.css) [<a href='function.file'>function.file</a>]: failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution in /home/customer_name/public_html/mambots/editors/fckeditor.php on line 149
    I've checked permissions on the files, and they are fine. The nameserver entries are correct. Anyone have any ideas?
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

It looks like the server is having problems resolving whatever address that script is trying to resolve. Submit a ticket with the full information regarding this and we can take a look.

Comment

• Frank Hagan
      • Mar 2004

Thanks, Andrew.

For everyone else, I submitted a ticket, and the problem was found: I didn't have DNS A records created for my custom name servers. I either had deleted them in error, or didn't re-create them with a server move, or something. Andrew created them and the error messages stopped.

Comment

Working...