Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loyalrogue
    • Apr 2004

Another 5 year review

OK, it's been 5 yrs and 3 months since joining Dathorn, and after all that time I couldn't be happier.
    I just got finished posting my 5 year review over at Web Hosting Talk which can be read here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=716194

The service from both the servers and the people here has been nothing short of spectacular.
    I just want to give a big THANK YOU to Andrew for all he's done for us over the years.
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

Thank you very much for the review!

Now I expect another review at the 10 year mark

Comment

• Camo.Fish
      • Jul 2008

Word to that

I have been w/Dathorn off and on since at least 2003 as well but possibly as far back as 2000.. I'm not very good with time so who really knows for sure.

DIS is by far the best host I've ever had experience with, I do not even consider using anyone else at this point.

Comment

• msalo
        • Jun 2005

Congrats on 5 years!

I am at about 3 1/2 years myself, and I couldn't be more satisfied. Before Dathorn I had been with many web hosts over about a 10 year period, and never really found a good quality host. I ended up leasing a dedicated server at The Planet (Server Matrix), and ran that for about a year and a half, but for what I was doing, the cost and management was overkill, and was killing me. So I decided to look for yet another host. Because of my good experiences with The Planet, I focused my search on web hosts that were located in The Planet datacenters. I came across Dathorn, and decided to give them a try! The rest is history... I certainly look forward to my 5 year anniversary, and beyond!

Much thanks to the Dathorn crew! Never had a more rock solid web host than Dathorn! Best in the business in my opinion!

Thanks!

-matt

Comment

• AndrewT
          Administrator
          • Mar 2004

Thanks!

Comment

• J-G
            • May 2004

Me too, heh heh

Ditto etc etc

But will theythorn do Windows?

I've got a chance to land a high school as a hosting client but they may need a Windows host. No chance?
            (YES, I'm trying to convince them to NOT do Windows.)
            กกก Jess G. กกก

Comment

• Camo.Fish
              • Jul 2008

Other than making it easier for their students to hack the server, what benefit would Windows create? Too much red tape and zero comprehension of process. It's not windows?! My God, how will we play minesweeper!?

Comment

• J-G
                • May 2004

Not quite;

Windows does not create benefits that I know of. Maybe it benefits 401(k) plans that own MS stock. The high school I.T. admin said they MIGHT have a bunch of website parts written in .asp, that's all. The "new" website developer uses some Adobe(tm) product, not MS / .asp .
                กกก Jess G. กกก

Comment

Working...