Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quikfire
    • May 2004

Max users per website

I run quite a large website, and may have up to 80 users on my website during peak hours, the lowest being 20 users.

Is this acceptable?
  • KyleC
    • Mar 2004

is it just HTML?

no forums?
    -Kyle

Comment

• AndrewT
      Administrator
      • Mar 2004

Evern if the site was basic HTML, the peak users would likely cause problems on any of our accounts, sorry.

Comment

• Jim
        • Mar 2004

Anyone mind clarifiying this?

Does this mean that a constant 80 visitors on a plain html site during peak hours is likely to cause a problem?

Comment

• AndrewT
          Administrator
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jim
          Anyone mind clarifiying this?

Does this mean that a constant 80 visitors on a plain html site during peak hours is likely to cause a problem?
          Yes.

Comment

• PubliusTX
            • Mar 2004

Just for clarification -- if a person got a slashdot link or a link from some other big website (instapundit.com?) that generated high traffic over a short period, this effectively means the account would be suspended and asked to move?

If so, I would suggest making that more clear in the terms of service, especially resellers. I think most normal people -- and people who might complain to the Better Business Bureau -- don't understand "excessive resource usage" to mean a limit of <80 users on a plain html site at any given time.

Comment

• AndrewT
              Administrator
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by PubliusTX
              Just for clarification -- if a person got a slashdot link or a link from some other big website (instapundit.com?) that generated high traffic over a short period, this effectively means the account would be suspended and asked to move?

If so, I would suggest making that more clear in the terms of service, especially resellers. I think most normal people -- and people who might complain to the Better Business Bureau -- don't understand "excessive resource usage" to mean a limit of <80 users on a plain html site at any given time.
              Yes the domain would likely get suspended.

Comment

• neorder
                • Mar 2004

is 80 a limit number set by dathorn? what's the max number does dathorn allowed? i don't want to be suspended though.

i'm a current customer, but i notice i have one site become unaccessable whenever there are more than 20 concurrect users i believe, then after ppl leave, the site will become normal again. why?

Comment

• AndrewT
                  Administrator
                  • Mar 2004

There are no hard/set limits. We take care of any such issues as they may arise. There is no reason for your site to be having any such problems.

Comment

• pitu
                    • Apr 2004

ok I didn get this. It was 80 inqueries per second, or 80 users on a site -like 80 of them have been there in the last 15 min.

Comment

• -Oz-
                      • Mar 2004

In this situation it would be 80 instantaneous hits at the very same instant. As in the same millisecond.
                      Dan Blomberg

Comment

• Ian
                        • Mar 2004

Thats a lot of users. I think i get 80 a month. haha.
                        www.ianhoar.com - A place to geek out

Comment

Working...