Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Camo.Fish
    • Jul 2008

W3C Compliant Site Review

I have almost completed work on a new site and would appreciate any feedback you may have, whether positive or critical (I like both!).

This site runs on my own personal CMS, you can read a bit about it at the 'About This Site' link.

Thanks!
  • Frank Hagan
    • Mar 2004

Very nice! I like the fast, clean interface and the lightweight CMS you've developed.

Comment

• Camo.Fish
      • Jul 2008

Thanks! It has some cool features that are switched off for that site, keep your eye open for my next review post, it will probably be a little more showy.

Comment

• Camo.Fish
        • Jul 2008

That's it?

104 views and 1 comment? bah

Comment

• ZYV
          • Sep 2005

What's the point of even looking at it if this CMS is not going to be released as per Jason?

Apart from this, the layout is broken in Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008072820 Firefox/3.0.1, there is not enough space in the menu bar, so the text gets wrapped to the next line.

Comment

• Elite
            • Apr 2004

Ok, overall pretty nice - I like the simple layout/design and the lack of a ton of javascript

I don't like the menu at the top (infact I don't really like the green)

On the logo, I think the text should be heavier than the image (it looks faded at present)

The contact form doesn't look right in IE7 (everything is aligned up right against the fieldset on the RHS.

Comment

• Camo.Fish
              • Jul 2008

zyv:
              The point of looking at it is to provide feedback on the design, as per the forum topic. If I were looking for reviews of the CMS itself, I would have posted it under scripts.. Also, I just wanted to get some convo going on in the forum and maybe inspire others to post their sites more often which would result in getting a feel for how other DIS users utilize their services.

Aside from that, I appreciate your bug report.. I also use FF but this does not occur in my browser. I thought I had the spacing correct for most browsers, so thank you for calling attention to it.

Elite:
              Thanks for the input. The color on my LCD is actually a pale gold... I like to diminish the interface in relation to the content, but I can see your point. I should work on the color scheme.

I have actually not styled the contact form yet, but had also not checked it in IE. I will get on it. Thanks again for your input..

I feel that it is always valuable to have any input at all, since I don't get any from less technical users around here. Most people just say 'oh, another web site' in their head and move on. I think receiving input from the more technical users is essential. Especially since I can test a few platforms/browsers... but you never really know what is happening with other people and their setups.

On the release topic, I may release it one day but not until I have what I envision as the base features integrated and a nice set of templates. It's almost there, but the first public release probably won't happen until next spring.

Comment

• ZYV
                • Sep 2005

I see the point for you, but I do not see the point for me. Maybe I am just too mercenary

Have a look at the screenshot here: http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9...enshot1qk2.png ...

Comment

• Camo.Fish
                  • Jul 2008

Alas, the font is different...thanks a lot for that!

Comment

• Buddha
                    • Mar 2004

ZYV, there's a ScreenGrab plugin for Firefox that works great.

"Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

Comment

Working...