Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bhills
    • Mar 2004

testing in php 5

I'm on one of the servers which will have php 4 removed soon. I have simple php scripts on a site and they work now. Does that mean they will also work with php 5? Or, do I need to test the scripts to make sure they will run on php 5?

If I need to test, I 've been googling around and it sounds like I can put a couple lines in the .htaccess file to force the scripts to run on php 5. That way I can test them before the change occurs.

But, I don't know what lines to put in the .htaccess file to make the scripts run on php 5. Does anyone know what those lines are? Or, if that is even necessary.
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

All servers have been running PHP 5 by default for a while now (as was announced both via e-mail and here on our forums). Unless you specifically have something configured in your .htaccess file to force your sites to use PHP 4, they are already using PHP 5.

Comment

• bhills
      • Mar 2004

perfect

Comment

• Frank Hagan
        • Mar 2004

For everyone, I'd strongly recommend going to the Announcements Forum and clicking on "Forum Tools" and selecting "Subscribe" so you'll get the notice that there are new messages there. Andrew doesn't abuse it, and you don't get a lot of messages due to irrelevant postings.

Comment

Working...