Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jsilver
    • Sep 2004

Incoming Mail constantly timing out

I have one client who constantly has problems recieving her mail. I dont really have this problem with anybody else.

Her POP3 is set to my host server. Secure Password Authentication is unchecked. She is using Windows XP, Outlook 6.0 which automatically checks mail every 5 minutes. The error that it has timed out happens even for small emails.

When she has this problem, I can go into her webmail and see the emails, but they will not download to Outlook.

Any ideas?

Jonathan
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

I can only assume that her connection is rather poor or perhaps she has a program interfering with the connection. For one, anti-virus software can often cause e-mail connection problems.

Comment

• Andy
      • Mar 2004

I had similar problem when I use to use a mail client (outlook). I found when I had the email check mail less then 5 minutes, I always had strange connectivity issues.

Try changing that to 6 or minutes. Also try a different mail client. If problem persists, then it may be what Andrew said.

Suggest webmail. I have been using strictly webmail for over a year now, and I prefer it.
      Andy

Comment

• Frank Hagan
        • Mar 2004

The other option is to have them open a gmail account, and have gmail log in and collect the mail. If gmail is able to do it, then you know its their connection or their computer.

Comment

Working...