Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djn
    • Mar 2004

About Apache2

I have a couple of questions regarding the newly installed Apache2.

1) is Apache running in prefork mode? I was about to try out the gettext extension for my multilanguage stuff, but I've found out that it is definitely not threadsafe...

2) will mod_deflate be enabled and configurable within .htaccess?

3) I like to test my scripts locally before putting them on the server, so I've installed the latest Apache2.2, PHP and mod_security; I'm applying the latest core rules (1.6.1) from modsecurity.org. Are these enough to reliably replicate cpanel59 or do I need something else?

Thanks in advance.
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by djn
    I have a couple of questions regarding the newly installed Apache2.

1) is Apache running in prefork mode? I was about to try out the gettext extension for my multilanguage stuff, but I've found out that it is definitely not threadsafe...

2) will mod_deflate be enabled and configurable within .htaccess?

3) I like to test my scripts locally before putting them on the server, so I've installed the latest Apache2.2, PHP and mod_security; I'm applying the latest core rules (1.6.1) from modsecurity.org. Are these enough to reliably replicate cpanel59 or do I need something else?

Thanks in advance.
    1. Yes. Too many potential thread issues to trust it in an environment that we need to be stable.

2. Yes.

3. Sounds good enough to me.

Comment

• ZYV
      • Sep 2005

That brings up the hope we're going to get Subversion some day. Now got to install it on the nearby VPS...

Comment

Working...