Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Camo.Fish
    • Jul 2008

PHP Server Upgrade

Nice that we're moving up, by why not 5.3?

OH, it's not out yet. I tried to use strstr's new third parameter today! It should have been there a long time ago..

5.2.9 is 7 days old, way to go!

Thanks again for turning on the libtidy, I'll be putting it to use this week!

If anyone is interested, I will soon (a month or so) be releasing my CMS which is many years in the making and all on DIS. Though I did just make it smart enough to port to many other environments. Check out the live demo, http://demo.lookintomycode.com .. I would love to have pre-beta feedback.
  • ZYV
    • Sep 2005

Hey, you are still using CVS? That sounds scary!

Otherwise it looks interesting. Does your CMF support hierarchical URLs and flexible trees for multilingual content?

You might wish to take a look at our proof-of-concept CMS @ http://www.irokez.org/project/en/ (sorry, most of the content is in Russian, but this download page & the CMS itself is in English). MVC & OOP inside

Comment

• Camo.Fish
      • Jul 2008

zyv:

ya, cvs.. i figured why not start at the beginning since i've never used version control before. i am going to switch to svn for a little bit soon, but then on to git after a little trial with that. i really like the truly distributed model..

as for hierarchical urls, no.. i have not yet figured out the .htaccess code for that to work properly (would love to hear about your solution), but the system itself is designed with that in mind. as for languages, i am preparing for that .. trying to move all strings to the database but that will still not be something i focus on for a month or so.

mvc is also something i plan to implement, but not for a little while yet.

Comment

• ZYV
        • Sep 2005

I was quite late to get on with the version control systems, but I figured out that there is no practical advantage of using CVS against Subversion even from the pedagogical standpoint, so I started right away with SVN. On the other side, git is a totally different beast. I mean the distributed ideology vs centralized ideology.

While I truly appreciate git, it is of no practical use in my projects (which usually consist of myself as of the one and only developer and rarely of me + another person). I would be willing to move towards git as soon as I get involved into a bigger and more dynamic projects...

Concerning your .htaccess question, the easiest and most versatile approach is to intercept everything apart from the static data and then retrieve the requested object according to the Router rules.

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
        Options +FollowSymLinks
        RewriteEngine On
        RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
        RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
        RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /loader.php?query=$1 [QSA,L]
        </IfModule>

Comment

Working...