Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gettin' Slammed with SPam

Quote Originally Posted by ZYV View Post
    Let's assume that the only party who actually makes some money is the spammer (by selling his e-mail campaigns). Who in the world is going to buy from him if the ROI is between null and zero?
    Ask any Amway salesman.

What's an "Amway salesman"? I vaguely remember something about the traveling salesman problem in the graph theory but I don't see how it is related to our cause...

Quote Originally Posted by ZYV View Post
    What's an "Amway salesman"? I vaguely remember something about the traveling salesman problem in the graph theory but I don't see how it is related to our cause...
    Sorry ... its an American cultural reference. Amway was/is a "multi-level marketing" company that sells household products like laundry soap, vitamins, etc. here in the States. The way it works is that you recruit people to sell for them, and you get a commission on everything they sell as well as your own sales. They in turn recruit others, and they get commission and you do also. If you're over about 40 in the US you remember all your friends trying to sell you "LOC" laundry soap, and when you didn't buy it, they tried to make you a "distributor" for the company (and you could buy in for very little money!)

The guys who were able to get a giant "downstream" of sellers made money, but the people trying very hard to sell soap to their family and rapidly declining numbers of friends never made much from it. The guys that started it all really raked it in. Like a legal pyramid scheme.

Thread Information