Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bhills
    • Mar 2004

SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO

I'm getting the following error when I send an email from the dathorn server (me@dathorn-server.com) to another non-dathorn server (me@other-server.com). I get back the below return message:

me@other-server.com
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<me@other-server.com>:
    host other-server.com [11.1.111.111]: 550-Verification failed for <me@dathorn-server.com>
    550-No Such User Here
    550 Sender verify failed

My dathorn account has the me@dathorn-server.com email account set up in cpanel (and also a forwarder). I can email a yahoo.com account successfully. And the emails go through successfully to most other people, also. But, the above other-server.com apparently has something up to control spam, and is sending back the 550 error codes. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can set up me@dathorn-server.com so all emails will go through? I'm afraid that if it fails going to other-server.com, then I might have trouble sending emails to some other people out there as well.
  • bhills
    • Mar 2004

Update

Update - I suspect this has something to do with me using dnsmadeeasy.com to point the dathorn-server.com domain to the dathorn server. The domain name and emails are routed from godaddy.com to dnsmadeeasy to dathorn, and the email is being rejected on occasion. A different domain routed directly from godaddy to dathorn has email working fine.

What would be the solution for me?

Comment

• AndrewT
      Administrator
      • Mar 2004

Please submit a ticket with all of the relevant information so that we can take a look.

Comment

Working...