Thread: X-PHP-Script header

Default X-PHP-Script header

The Roundcube webamil inserts the X-PHP-Script header to outgoing emails. I consider this as giving out too much information on my install. For example, my RC install is a local install behind a password protected section of my site. I do not want this location to be know.

From the RC website, I gather that it is not a RC specific issue but rather than is inserted when the mail() function is called. Is there any way I can disable this? There seems to be a way to do this by disabling the mail.add_x_header option in php.ini but that would disable all addition of headers, which I am guessing Dathorn wouldn't want as it also adds abuse tracing headers.

Any help (other than using the SMTP server directly and not the mail() function)?

I decided to go the smtp way but would be nice to get a reply on the feasibility of disabling the addition of headers.

The header cannot be disabled. This really isn't anything to worry about, especially if the install is already password protected in addition to requiring a valid email login.

Thread Information