Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mystic
    • Nov 2006

X-PHP-Script header

The Roundcube webamil inserts the X-PHP-Script header to outgoing emails. I consider this as giving out too much information on my install. For example, my RC install is a local install behind a password protected section of my site. I do not want this location to be know.

From the RC website, I gather that it is not a RC specific issue but rather than is inserted when the mail() function is called. Is there any way I can disable this? There seems to be a way to do this by disabling the mail.add_x_header option in php.ini but that would disable all addition of headers, which I am guessing Dathorn wouldn't want as it also adds abuse tracing headers.

Any help (other than using the SMTP server directly and not the mail() function)?
  • mystic
    • Nov 2006

I decided to go the smtp way but would be nice to get a reply on the feasibility of disabling the addition of headers.

Comment

• AndrewT
      Administrator
      • Mar 2004

The header cannot be disabled. This really isn't anything to worry about, especially if the install is already password protected in addition to requiring a valid email login.

Comment

Working...