Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Misspell
    • Apr 2004

406 Not Acceptable

While trying to create a wiki "Template" on my server, i receive the following error when the article is submitted: 406 Not Acceptable

Template content:
    Code:
    You need to make the following folder '''{{{rootdir}}}{{{writefolder}}}''' writable.<br />
    This is done the same way you made your wiki ''/config/'' folder writable during your Mediawiki install.<br />
    You can do this two ways, FTP Client or SSH to your server.<br />
    With a FTP Client you have to set the folder permissions to '''755'''
    {|style="color:black; background-color:white;" cellpadding="2" width="100%" border="1px"
    |style="color:white; background-color:black;"|SSH Terminal
    |-
    |'''name@machine:/$''' cd /path/to/wiki/'''{{{rootdir}}}'''<br />
    '''name@machine:/$''' chmod a+w '''{{{writefolder}}}'''<br />
    |}
    By changing the words 'FTP Client' to 'FTP-Client' (notice the hyphen), the problem is resolved (that took about a 1/2 hour to discover ).

Keyword triggers ?

Thought i would post this in-case others have a similar problem or this is an unknown issue.

_
  • ZYV
    • Sep 2005

Obviously it somehow triggers mod_security rules. You'd better create a ticket so that this can be worked around for everyone.

Comment

• AndrewT
      Administrator
      • Mar 2004

Thanks for the heads up. I've corrected this misconfigured rule on all servers.

A 406 error means that a mod_security rule is being triggered. You can always submit a ticket and at the very least we can tell you what is causing this to occur.

Comment

Working...