Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elite
    • Apr 2004

Spam advice

One of my clients has noticed an increase in spam - I've been advised that the best thing to do about this is to make spam assassin more aggresive (or I guess I could ask my client to stump up the cash for postini...). - no problems there.

The other more worrying thing is that his email address is being spoofed (he is receiving the spoofed messages). I have both domainkeys and SPF enabled, but support advised me that the spoofers are using smarter servers that get past the SPF check.

So, my question is, is there anyway to stop the spoofing? - SPF has worked great for me up until now.

Thanks for any pointers
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

Per my recent update to your ticket, there is no way to stop your domain from being spoofed. SPF and DomainKeys only make it less desirable for a spammer to spoof email from your domain.

Comment

• Elite
      • Apr 2004

Thanks for the clarification Andrew - I hoped that there might be a more full-proof solution as both the sending and receiving domain are the same and therefore on the same server.

Could anyone feedback what sort of reduction in spam we would see if we swapped to postini?

Thanks again

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

Generally Postini is much better than SpamAssassin. Though this will vary from case to case as not everyone receives the same type of spam. The good thing with Postini is that it is constantly adapting.

You could setup a filter to discard emails when the FROM address matches their own domain. Though if you have more than one user on the domain this would result in them being unable to email each other.

Comment

Working...