Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frank Hagan
    • Mar 2004

PHP Pear?

Last message I found on this was in 2006 ... and I don't see with-pear in info.php on my server, so here goes ...

Do we have PEAR?
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

PEAR is installed as are some basic packages. Which PEAR package are you referring to?

That aside, these are nothing more than PHP scripts which can be uploaded and included locally from a user account.

Comment

• Frank Hagan
      • Mar 2004

The specific thing the customer is looking for is "The PEAR PHP package, specifically HTML Quickform"; I didn't see either referenced in info.php. The PHP site mentions that the current version is "HTML_QuickForm2" for PHP 5. Is this easy to add?

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

You won't see this listed in phpinfo(). Please submit a ticket and we can see about getting this particular package installed.

Comment

• AndrewT
          Administrator
          • Mar 2004

Actually, since this package is classified as an alpha version (not stable) this is not something that we'll install server-wide. However, you can download it, extract the contents, and place the files on the account that you want to use it on. The script(s) can then be included directly from there.

Comment

• Frank Hagan
            • Mar 2004

OK, does that apply to the older package, HTML_QuickForm, as well?

Comment

• AndrewT
              Administrator
              • Mar 2004

Given that version 2 was rewritten for PHP 5 I would not advise using the older one. You can certainly attempt to use both of these, they just need to be uploaded to the account on which you wish to use them. It is really rather simple as they are nothing more than PHP scripts.

Comment

• Frank Hagan
                • Mar 2004

Thanks, Andrew!

Comment

• Frank Hagan
                  • Mar 2004

Looks like Cpanel now includes an installer for the local PEAR modules, so that makes it easy.

Comment

Working...