Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tuxhedoh
    • May 2004

Elgg In Softaculous

I tried to install Elgg, first manually, secondly after discovering Softaculous, using their install. I have tried all of the Elgg troubleshooting but nothing is working. I get this error

This webpage has a redirect loop.

The webpage at http://mywebsite.org/nofb/index.php has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

Both the Softaculous install do that as well as the one I did manually. Does anyone have any ideas about this?
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

When a redirect loop exists there is usually something in a .htaccess file to blame, either in the directory itself or one of the higher level directories.

Comment

• Tuxhedoh
      • May 2004

strange

I've removed the .htaccess in the public_html folder, and there is only the one .htaccess that the installer created. It still gives the error. Is there anyway to troubleshoot this? My error log in cpanel doesn't list any errors that I can tell.

Here are the two most recent lines.
      Code:
      2010-05-13 21:36:19.161 [INFO] [HTAccess] Updating configuration from [/home/deanmorg/public_html/nofb/.htaccess]
      2010-05-13 21:36:19.156 [INFO] [HTAccess] Configuration file [/home/deanmorg/public_html/.htaccess] has been removed.
      2010-05-13 21:19:16.169 [INFO] [HTAccess] Updating configuration from [/home/deanmorg/public_html/fpu/.htaccess]

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

Those just show the updating and reloading of the .htaccess files.

The best way to troubleshoot something like this is to start commenting out redirects. I've commented out the following in your .htaccess file:

Code:
        #<IfModule !mod_rewrite.c>
            # ugly ugly hack to detect missing mod_rewrite
            # RedirectMatch must be to an absolute destination, so forces 500 error...
            #ErrorDocument 500 "Elgg error: Apache does not have mod_rewrite loaded. Please check your Apache setup."
            #RedirectMatch 302 .* index.php
        #</IfModule>
        Code:
        # php 4, apache 1.x
        #<IfModule mod_php4.c>
            #ErrorDocument 500 "Elgg error: Elgg does not support PHP 4."
        #</IfModule>

# php 4, apache 2
        #<IfModule sapi_apache2.c>
            #ErrorDocument 500 "Elgg error: Elgg does not support PHP 4."
        #</IfModule>
        These aren't needed anyways.

Comment

• Tuxhedoh
          • May 2004

You Rock!

Thanks Andrew. While I'm not a developer, I know enough to get by most of the time. In this case, I can only follow directions. I'm glad you fixed me. Thanks again.

Comment

• AndrewT
            Administrator
            • Mar 2004

You're very welcome!

Comment

Working...