X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ph23man
    • Mar 2004

Disable gzip for a specific file type

Hi,

It's my understanding that Litespeed automatically gzips certain MIME types like text/* by default.

I'm using a common hack for getting PNG alpha transparency in IE6:

The file iepngfix.htc has to be sent as text/x-component MIME type and I believe it's being gzipped by Litespeed. Apparently, gzipping this file breaks the functionality in IE6.

It was working before the Litespeed upgrade and works on client servers so I'm pretty sure it's gzip causing the problem.

How I can use .htaccess to disable gzip output for .htc files?
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

Please submit a ticket concerning this and be sure to include the URL of this file.

Comment

• ph23man
      • Mar 2004

Never mind, this was a complete non-issue. I was running IE6 in a virtual machine and seems like it was just acting up. Restarted the VM and the PNG hack worked fine. Andrew confirmed the .htc file wasn't being compressed.

Comment

• djn
        • Mar 2004

.htc behaviours do have quite a history of odd surprises popping up. Years ago i remember getting caught in one of these with the CssHover htc: called from a CSS file in a subfolder IE6 resolved its path originating from the HTML file path instead of the stylesheet, as it should do. It took some hours looking at the server logs to find out what was going on...

Comment

• ZYV
          • Sep 2005

I would say that IE (the Inevitable Exception) behaviours do have quite a history of odd surprises popping up...

Comment

Working...