Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willy
    • Mar 2004

CGI Counter Doesn't Work With Safari.

I've used cPanel's CGI Counter on a number of sites with no problem. However, when I test the sites using Apple's Safari browser for Windows, Version 5.0.1, I get an error message saying that the Counter datafile must be created in cPanel first. The counter datafile has been created and the counter works in other browsers. Here is a link to one of the sites: http://realamericaspeaks.com/

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by willy; 01-10-2011, 01:27 PM. Reason: To clarify that post refers to Safari for Windows.
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

I don't have Safari to test with but Google did turn up one result of another user reporting the same problem back in 2005 on the cPanel forums and this appears to have been due to Safari converting the pipe characters (|) to %7C. Does your error message still list these %7Cs?

Comment

• willy
      • Mar 2004

Thanks, Andrew, apparently that is what's happening. The error message does include %7C where the pipe character (|) should appear. You would think that Apple could have corrected this problem after five years.

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

I completely agree. Unfortunately due to Safari's conversions this results in an incorrect URL being requested for the counter image and thus you are receiving that error message. Getting either company to change or fix their implementation of this is unlikely so I would have to recommend an alternative counter if Safari support is important.

Comment

Working...