Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChrisTech
    • Mar 2004

Submit Forums Question

I have a customer who noticed recently (tho the issue happen long ago apparently) that their submit button no longer works on their website. The submit button was using FormMail.pl in the cgi-bin folder to send the information to them. This does not work on litepeed it appears. Does anyone know of any alternatives they can use for this?

I haven't really done much web design for quite some time other than using VBforums software.
    Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

This shouldn't have anything to do with LiteSpeed. What exactly is the problem? Are they getting an error message when trying to submit?

Comment

• ChrisTech
      • Mar 2004

They were getting an error at first as the file was missing. I grabbed the file, added their info to it, then dropped it into the cgi-bin folder and tested, received error.

lscgid: execve():/home/shoot1/public_html/cgi-bin/FormMail.pl: Permission denied

Was able to refrence the error to
      LiteSpeed does not allow serve any static content from a CGI directory for security reason. (didnt seem right)

Was able to find a possible fix That sudo -u <user_lshttpd_run_as> path_to_script via ssh should fix it. (dont have ssh access to their account and the customer will more than likely not be able to do this.

I worked all weekend and was unable to do much research on the issue, thought if I posted, someone might know a workaround or another way to fix it.

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

Please go ahead and submit a ticket concerning this so that we can take a look. Be sure to include the URL of the form.

Comment

• ChrisTech
          • Mar 2004

Just a heads up to all. I submitted a trouble ticket on the issue, and we found out this.

I've looked at the HTML form itself and there isn't even a recipient specified in order for it to work with the form mail script.
          Yet again, Andrew has gone out of his way & scope to look into an issue.

There wasn't anything to do with Litespeed. It has to do with the customer's form, which was not coded correctly. Guessing they made a change or something that caused the issue.
          Last edited by AndrewT; 03-07-2011, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Working...